The Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) course is most relevant in situations where educators, youth workers, managers become aware of symptoms that might indicate that a student in their classroom, a young employee or any other network is developing a mental health problem. However, the course may also provide some useful information on how to assist a young person who has a history of mental illness or longer-term mental health problems.
YMHFA Course Content
- Mental health problems in Maltese youths
- Adolescent development
- Mental Health First Aid and young people
- Anxiety problems
- Eating disorders
- Substance use problems
- Mental health crises
Crisis Situations Covered
- Young people who has suicidal thoughts or behaviour
- Young people engaging in non-suicidal self-injury
- Young people who has experienced a traumatic event
- Young people in a severe psychotic state
- Young people with severe effects from alcohol or other drug use
- Young people with aggressive behavior
The course consists of 14 contact learning hours.
A manual on Youth Mental Health First Aid and access to a mobile app will be given for free to all the course participants.
Fee: 70 Euro
April Course: 23rd and 30th April